* As from 23 Nov 2015, Visa application official fee is 1/2 cheaper, at $25/single entry! More reason to visit Vietnam.
The following passport holders do NOT need a visa to enter to Vietnam for a stay of less than 14 days: Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Italy, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Russia, Finland, Japan, Norway, Sweden, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Kyrgyzstan, Laos. More info on various types of passport and visa exemption can be found on the Immigration official website.
The most important note: Your passport must have a validity at least 06 months beyond the travel date!
Should you need to obtain a LANDING VISA, you can contact our trusted visa and travel agent Eviva Tour, owner of which is also a Saigon tangueros: Mr. Tuan Bao: email@example.com OR CALL: +8490839 7324. Remember to quote “Tango guest” for easier communication.
We strive not to save money on the good teachers, performers and events, but air tickets can be in the list to cut-cost. Apart from national airlines with their regular flights, such as Vietnam Airlines, Philippines Airlines, Singapore Airlines… We are glad that many budget airlines now fly to / from Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City).
Example fares of RETURN trip for Festival period: Seoul – Saigon = US$170; Taipei – Saigon = US$118; Manila- Saigon = US$120; Singapore – Saigon (with about 5 budget airlines for direct or transit flights) = $78.
www.vietjetair.com – www.cebupacificair.com – www.jetstar.com – www.airasia.com – www.flyasiana.com
Phones & 3G
We have 3 main internet providers (Vinaphone, Mobiphone and Viettel – ordered by popularity) selling 3-G SIM cards right at the airport. The ~$5 card shall be enough for your Festival stay.
Uber is the safest and most convenient way to travel. It’s very popular and easy in Saigon. Be sure to register for it in advance! However, Taxi is easy too, just make sure that you catch Vinasun (white/green) or Mai Linh (green). The cost FROM AIRPORT TO CITY CENTER shall NOT be higher than US$10-15. In case of overcharge, call to taxi Co. hotline to complain. Vietnam Tourism authorities are fighting with cheating so your call will be heard. It’s common and convenient in Vietnam to wave a taxi on the street, and there is no designated Taxi stand.
For more comfort in a Private new 2015 Car, we would highly recommend Airport drop-off and Pick-up service of trusted GreenCar at flat rate: One way = $10 or both way (pick-up and drop-off)= $18. More: 8-seat car rent at $80/day/10 hours OR 16-seat car rent at $90/day/10 hours… Contact: Mr. Vinh: +84903035499 – E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4* Kim Do Hotel – www.royalhotelsaigon.com
Royal Hotel Saigon KIM DO – MAIN GALA VENUE, located in the walking main street of Saigon, with a with retro and cozy style, just as our Festival spirit. Room/night rate starts at as low as $80.
3.5* Cosmopolitan Hotel – www.cosmosaigonhotel.com
Special rate for Tango guest, just remember to quote “Tango Guest” while booking. Room rates start at ~US$40/room/night * Superior is small, single-bed room with no window. We have Friday Milonga hosted here and it is conveniently located right between Milonga and all-workshop studio.
When make a reservation Tango guest please provide this information:
- Tango Guest.
- Guest full name.
- Check in date.
- Check out date.
- Room type.
- VISA or Master Card (Card number, CVV, Expiration Date).
One booking only complete when hotel receive all those information. Hotel will get 1st night room charge as a deposit right when Customer make a reservation. The bill will be scan and send to Customer by email. When Customer check in please show the receive to reception Please book room as soon as you can to get the kind of room you want!
Hotline: +84909724607 – Email: email@example.com – Quotation
May Mắn (Lucky) Budget Hotel
Just type the name in major booking web such as Agoda or boooking.com you’ll find it easily.
Budget hotel, conveniently located in the heart of the city and just behind the Kim Do main venue hotel. Room rates start at ~US$15/room/night.
* More varieties can be found on www.AirBnB.com – a real treasury with a great opportunity to find a whole apartment or house with full facilities for very reasonable price!
- Saigon (old name) = Ho Chi Minh city (after 1975 renamed from Saigon).
Our currency is Vietnamese Dong (VND) Exchange rate VND 22,800 = 1USD (Airport exchange counters may offer different rate).
- Average temp of Saigon: 30 oC (day time) and ~23 oC at night time. December is the dry season so rain and high humidity are not expected.
- Must-try Vietnamese foods 40 delicious Vietnamese dishes CNN rated that and we fully agreed, just find your time to taste, well at least ½ of the list . But don’t forget that our Friday Milonga will be served with a light buffet and Sat. Milonga is with Full buffet.
- Massage must have: KHOE Massage, one the most popular massage chain in town. It also has one branch in Cosmo Hotel (6th floor) Friday milonga venue!
- Tango Shoes, from the local well-made all-leather to Comme Il Fault, Madam Pivot, Neo tango, Flabella… will be up for sale during workshops and Milongas. Tango Clothes, ready-made and for order, are also available during the milongas.
SEE YOU ALL SOON AT SAIGON TANGO FESTIVAL 2016!